Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Day One - 184 lbs

About 2 months ago, I went to a family reuinion. It was great to see people I haven't seen for 10 ears or longer. However, there were a lot of people who couldn't beleive how much weight I had gained. Slowly but surely, I went from 150lbs - 200+ lbs. It was really easy to do: eating out, snacking in front of the TV, just BEING in front of the TV probably added an extra 15 lbs minimum.

About 5 weeks ago, I started weighing myself daily. Since then, I went from 194lbs to 184lbs. That was yesterday. So today I decided to monitor my progress and document my accomplishments.

My goal is to lose 20 lbs in 9 weeks. That's 2.22 lbs per week, or .32 lbs per day. To burn lose one pound of fat, you need to burn 3500 calories. That means I will have to burn 1,120 calories today. If I burn 500 calories at the gym, I'll have to figure a way to skip 600 calories today.
I had a "Medifast" breakfast bar and I'll have a shake for lunch. I've got some peanuts in my desk at work to eat between meals. I'll have to go to the grocery store at lunch to get some grapes.

If you found this article helpful, you can search google from the top of my page for more information

No comments: